[AUCTeX] Re: PDF Forward search

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: PDF Forward search
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:11:56 +0100

Hello,
A long time has passed and AUCTeX now support Synctex in the CVS build.

I use syntex and I am trying to get support for forward search via
AUCTeX.

At the moment I am using sumatra-forward.el:
http://william.famille-blum.org/software/sumatra/sumatra-forward.el

Is there any alternative solution bundeled with AUCTeX. I have looked in
the dev. list but it seems that synctex han merly been supported, not
utilized for forward search. At least not directly in AUCTeX. Is this
correct or have I missed something?

The troubles seemes to be that SumatraPDF works via DDE client which
seems to be problematic. . .

I am using WinXP with EmacsW32 v.23 from december '08 and AUCTeX CVS from
january '09.

Thanks,
Rasmus