Re: [AUCTeX] label ref and TeX-master questions

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] label ref and TeX-master questions
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:15:26 +0100

* François Patte (2008-11-24) writes:

> Le 23.11.2008 18:26, Ralf Angeli a écrit :
>>
>> Did you tell RefTeX to parse the document?  There is a menu entry for
>> that: "Ref --> Parse Document --> Entire Document"
>
> Even if I use this menu, it doesn't find anything across multiple files.

Do your files specify `TeX-master' as file variable?  There should be
something like the following at the end of each file.

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: "master"
%%% End:

AUCTeX inserts this automatically in new files if the `TeX-master'
variable is set as specified on the first page of the AUCTeX manual.

> In this menu, I can see boxes to be ticked: one is "AucTex interface",
> another one is "isearch whole document". nothing happens if I tick them....

Are you sure you have the right menu?  The parsing entries are in the
submenu "Ref --> Parse Document".  The entries you are talking about are
in the submenu "Ref --> Options".