Re: [AUCTeX] Replace \[ ... \] with \begin{equation} ... \end{equation}

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Replace \[ ... \] with \begin{equation} ... \end{equation}
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:05:46 +0100

* Evgeny Makarov (2008-11-11) writes:

> I am wondering if there is a fast way to replace \[ ... \] with
> \begin{equation} ... \end{equation}. From looking at the code of
> LaTeX-modify-environment, it seems that it is hard-coded to look for
> "begin" and "end"...

What's the use case here?  Changing the current environment while you
are editing (in) it or changing several environments across a file?  For
the first there is no support in `LaTeX-modify-environment' (yet) and
the second would be a case for search and replace.

\[...\] could be supported better in AUCTeX.  If we take a look at
modification we should probably also take a look at insertion.