Re: [AUCTeX] plurals in index phrase file, synchronized indexes

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] plurals in index phrase file, synchronized indexes
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:29:12 +0100

* Claude Lacoursière (2007-02-20) writes:

> Is there any way to allow a regexp in the index phrase file
> so that plurals are matched?  Or is it necessary to
> duplicate all index phrases which can be pluralized?

Currently regular expressions cannot be used for phrases because the
respective strings are fed to `regexp-quote' in
`reftex-index-make-phrase-regexp'.  An approximation is possible by
advising RefTeX to match word parts by setting
`reftex-index-phrases-search-whole-words'.  Of course this might match
much more than a a regexp for plurals would.

> Second, has anyone worked with synchronized indexes such as
> a notation index, glossary, and general index, where some
> entries appear in all three, some in two and some in only
> one of these?  I constructed something but I fear that once
> I'm 80% of the way through, I will realize that my index
> macros aren't quite right...

At least I haven't worked with such indexes.  Hopefully somebody else
on the list can comment.