[AUCTeX] Re: viewing .pdf file

From: Frederic Andres
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: viewing .pdf file
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:18:00 +0000 (UTC)

Ralf Angeli <angeli <at> caeruleus.net> writes:

> * Frederic Andres (2007-02-12) writes:
>
> > I have been able to solve some of my previous problems, and on
> > MacOS, it works fine. Under WinXp however, I have the same problems
> > as the original poster, I can't see the pdf files that are created
> > with pdflatex. I have xpdf in my PATH which looks like this (but I
> > guess there is a mistake):
> > C:\TeXLive2005\bin\win32;%Path%;c:\programFiles\emacs\bin;
> > c:\usr\local\bin;C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin;
>
> The directory for Emacs binaries looks incorrect.  I doubt this is the
> problem, though.
>
> > Also, my command to use xpdf is the following:
> >  xpdf -remote %s -raise %o %(outpage).
> > Since my programmation knowledge is very scarce, I am not really sure of
> > what
> > it means.
>
> If you open a Windows command prompt, change directory to where your
> PDF file is located and then call `xpdf <your-file>.pdf', is the file
> opened with xpdf?

Thanks for the answer!

1. I have changed the path for emacs, which was in fact not in program files.

2; No. I tried, and it says: "xpdf is not recognized as an internal of external
command".
Is it because it is not in my Path? And should I do that?
 Because I have already added "C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin" which is supposed
to be xpdf.