Re: [AUCTeX] Installation of Auctex 11.83

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Installation of Auctex 11.83
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:17:35 +0200

Christophe FARGES <address@hidden> writes:

>>Well, I got a heart-attack upon reading this, but for a change, this
>>web site does nothing much except echoing what our recipes recommend.
>>
>>As to why it did not work before: the automated procedure installed
>>AUCTeX for Emacs, not XEmacs, as you apparently also have an Emacs
>>installed on your system.
>>
>>The webpage added the --with-xemacs option you were missing.
>>

> Thank you for the explanation.
> I've now tested and everything works perfectly. Preview is really an
> excellent new feature.
> Just a last question. In my latex document, I've got some big
> equations. When they are previewed the image is truncated on the
> right. Can I do anything to see the whole equation?

If they are really truncated (as opposed to just the window needing
horizontal scrolling), you'll find them sticking into the margin in
your document, too.

Using the amsmath package (and _never_ eqalign) might help.

I am taking the liberty of posting this on the list: there is no point
in keeping useful questions and advice off it.