Re: [AUCTeX] Inserting {\cal A} instead of \mathcal{A}

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Inserting {\cal A} instead of \mathcal{A}
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 18:44:36 +0200

Please keep the mailing list copied.

* Yevgeniy Makarov (2006-07-06) writes:

>> I cannot reproduce it with some test files I have here.  Can you
>> provide a minimal example, i.e. two files, where this happens?
>
> You will probably laugh but it works now. It does not work only when I
> load a file without the file variable comments in the end, even if I
> select LaTeX | Multifile/Parsing | Set Master File (and it adds the
> comment), and select Reset Buffer. However, when I load a file with the
> file variable comment, everything is fine. Strange, because last time I
> am pretty sure I had those comment from the start. I promise that I'll
> wait a little next time.
>
> Is the fact that it does not parse the main file immediately after
> setting it a normal behavior, or do you still need an example?

I think I see what you mean.  If I open a slave file without a Local
Variables stanza, add the stanza with the "Set Master File" menu entry
and reset the buffer with the "Reset Buffer" menu entry, quite a lot
of entries (including "latex2e") are removed from `TeX-active-styles'.
I'll try to figure out what's wrong there ...