Re: [AUCTeX] configure

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] configure
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:28:03 +0100

* Fernando Benites (2006-02-14) writes:

> I am trying to install locally auctex, but the configure doesnt get
> my commands. make works but make install fails, here the configure
> output:
>
> configure --prefix=/homes/fbenites/ --without-texmf-dir
[...]
> checking where lisp files go... /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp

Unfortunately you did not tell how `make install' fails.  Probably
because it tries to install files below /usr/share and your user does
not have the necessary permissions to do so.

The configuration script did not find a directory for the Lisp files
which is both below the prefix you specified and in `load-path'.  You
can specify this manually with the configure option --with-lispdir.