Re: [AUCTeX] BIBINPUTS

From: Greg BOGNAR
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] BIBINPUTS
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:42:48 +0100 (CET)

I have bibligraphy databases in a dedicated directory.  I set BIBINPUTS
for that directory.  When I run BibTeX in bash, it sees the databases
in that directory.  When I use Emacs, it does not find those files.
Running BibTeX from Emacs (+ AUCTeX) gives an error message like
"I couldn't open database file bibliography.bib
---line 5 of file mydoc.aux"

Actually, when I run emacs -q, it does see the bibliography databases.
It is only when I run emacs without -q that it does not.  But it cannot
be something in my init files, since the same error happens when I run
emacs with an empty .emacs or .emacs.d/init.el file, or even when no
startup file or directory exists at all.

emacs -q does not run default.el either, but I don't have a default.el
file.

I use GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1, GTK+ on Ubuntu Breezy, with AUCTeX 11.55.
AUCTeX is enabled by default for the whole site.

Thanks,
Greg