Re: [AUCTeX] Creating ps and pdf files

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Creating ps and pdf files
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:48:54 +0100

* David Scott (2006-01-14) writes:

> (require 'tex-mik) took me a lot of the way and Ralf Angeli's code
> allowed me to add a command to use dvipdfm. I added another command to
> fire up Acroread to view the resulting pdf file by modifying Ralf's
> command to be:
> "AcroRd32 %s.pdf" TeX-run-shell
> in the obvious place.

D'oh.  I gave you a gun and you immediately shot yourself in the foot
with it.  If you want to change the viewer, use
M-x customize-variable RET TeX-output-view-style RET
as it is being explained in the manual, see (info "(auctex)Viewing).
(Copy the parenthetical structure into your Emacs, put point
(Emacs-speak for cursor) just after the last paren, and type `C-x C-e'.)