[AUCTeX] Re: none

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: none
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:34:09 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have installed emacs, emacspeak and auctex
> I wrote a tex file, I saved it as file.tex, then I tryed to view it, but I
> have an error 'you must set tex-dvi-view-command' . I saw a message in witch
> someone suggest to set this variable with
> (setq tex-dvi-view-command
>  | (if (eq window-system 'x) "xdvi" "dvi2tty * | cat -s"))
> but I am new with emacs, where do I must write these lines?

Just how did you install AUCTeX?  If you did it according to the
installation instructions, this should not happen.  This message only
appears when AUCTeX has not been activated.

What versions of Emacs, Emacspeak and AUCTeX do you have installed on
what operating system?  There are instructions in the README file
telling you how to report a bug and what information to include.