Re: [AUCTeX] New version of precompiled Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windowsa

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] New version of precompiled Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windowsavailable
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:10:46 +0100

* Adam Johnson (2005-12-18) writes:

> Thanks, it works for AUCTeX.  Some questions:
>
> 1. How to configure the path for GSWIN32C.EXE?

Isn't that explained in the manual of your operating system?

> 2. I also need change the path in tex-site.el to my own local
> emacs\var\auctex to make TeX-auto-generate-global work.

The first line of tex-site.el is this:

;;; tex-site.el - Site specific variables.  Don't edit.

The commentary section in tex-site.el contains this:

;; This file contains startup code, autoloads and variables adapted to
;; the local site configuration.  It is generated and placed by the
;; installation procedure and should not be edited by hand, nor moved
;; to a different place, as some settings may be established relative
;; to the file.

;; All user customization should be done with
;; M-x customize-variable RET

Please don't top-post.