Re: [AUCTeX] Re: What is the correct way to activate auctex and tex-mik?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: What is the correct way to activate auctex and tex-mik?
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 18:46:24 +0100

Ulrike Fischer <address@hidden> writes:

> Could you give me an advice what key I could use instead of C-c as a
> prefix? With C-c I can't insert e.g. font commands around a
> selection because in the cua-mode C-c copies.

;; If you really need to perform a command which starts with one of
;; the prefix keys even when the region is active, you have three options:
;; - press the prefix key twice very quickly (within 0.2 seconds),
;; - press the prefix key and the following key within 0.2 seconds, or
;; - use the SHIFT key with the prefix key, i.e. C-X or C-C
;;
;; This behaviour can be customized via the
;; cua-prefix-override-inhibit-delay variable.