Re: [AUCTeX] Adding curly braces in math mode

From: Jens Kubieziel
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Adding curly braces in math mode
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:57:27 +0100

* Ralf Angeli schrieb am 2005-11-01 um 17:13 Uhr:
> * Jens Kubieziel (2005-11-01) writes:
>
> > when typing sub- or superscripts in math mode I often need curly braces.
> > So I want to customize AUCTeX that everytime when I press `_' or `^' it
> > automagically appends `{}' and places the cursor inside. I guess this
> > can be done like described in 'Style Files' in auctex.info. But actually
> > I'm not sure how to do it in detail (without any lisp knowledge).
>
> How about the attached patch?  Maybe the respective variable and

It works. Thanks.

> > Furthermore I'm looking for a way to expand math operators with indices
> > to its last values.
> > Example: I typed $\sum_{i=1}^n ...$. Later I type `$\sum_' and now I want
> > AUCTeX to print `\sum_{i=1}^n '. How can this be done?
>
> Hm, isn't something like this only useful in special cases?

Well, I'm writing lots of scripts for lectures. It's quite often the
case that the same operators with the same indices occur. I guess this
will save a lot of time and also think that this will also save others
time.

Best regards
--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de