[AUCTeX] questions on "Tex region" for multifile

From: D Wang, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Subject: [AUCTeX] questions on "Tex region" for multifile
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:18:50 +0100

Dear David,

Thank you very much for the help! I have installed AucTex successfully!

The "Tex region" function can work for a single master file, but I still can't make it to work for multifile. I have added the following lines in the .emacs :

(require 'tex-site)

(setq-default TeX-master nil)
(setq TeX-parse-self t)
(setq TeX-auto-save t)

but it never asks me for the name of the master file.

I tried:

1. put the master file name ``mymaster'' into the .emacs to replace the nil;

2. add the

%%% Local Variables:
%%% TeX-master: ``mymaster''
%%% End:

in the end of the buffer file;

3. add the

\begin{document}

in the beginning of the buffer file,

\end{document}

in the end of the buffer file;

they all failed.

Do you have any idea about what else can be done to fulfil "Tex region" for multifile document?

Thanks for your time and look forward to a positive answer.

Best regards,

Gary