Re: [Announcement] Feature branch merged

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [Announcement] Feature branch merged
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 00:36:47 +0900

Hi Tassilo,

> What I didn't understand in Keita's recipe is why one should uninstall
> and restart emacs before installing the new auctex version.  Is that
> really needed because the presence of the old version causes the new
> version to be miscompiled?

Maybe unintalling is overkilling. I'm worrying a bit what happens if the
user introuduced a package management system which forces loading the
AUCTeX package. (I don't have knowledge of package managers including
use-package, so I might be saying something silly.) Is it enough to
start a new emacs session for updating with -Q option?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW