Re: AUCTeX and "builtin latex mode" integration

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: AUCTeX and "builtin latex mode" integration
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 00:03:32 +0900

Hi Arash,

> I have to re-read the thread, but wasn't a point also that latex-mode
> and LaTeX-mode are also confusing to some users?

According to my (unreliable) memory :-), the thread began with a
complaint that "I customized latex-mode-hook because the mode name is
latex-mode, but that customization is ignored. Why?"
So the similarity between latex-mode and LaTeX-mode doesn't relate
directly in this particular case.

> If so, can we think about coming up with mode names instead of
> camel-case'ing the built-in ones?

Maybe the similarity can be a source of future trouble. However, there
is already a huge amount of codes with "LaTeX-" prefix in the current
AUCTeX and I'm afraid that it isn't realistic to rewrite all of them.

> I don't use magit, but you should be ok on command line doing:

> $ git switch feature-branch-name
> $ git commit
> $ git push -u origin feature-branch-name

> where -u is a shortcut for --set-upstream as described by Stefan.

Thanks, as you can see, it worked well.

>> (By the way, I have come up with only a poor name
>> "feature/distinct-mode-name". Please tell me another name if you find
>> a better one.)

> I think we can live with that :-)

I incorporated Stefan's idea. Thanks, Stefan.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine