Re: problems with thmstools (and automatic insertion of labels (reftex)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: problems with thmstools (and automatic insertion of labels (reftex)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 18:15:52 +0200

>>> "AE" == Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

Hi Arash

I had so far tried to solve my problem by

(defun my-set-latex-labels ()
  (interactive)
  (setq LaTeX-label-alist
               '(("cor" . "cor:")
                 ("assum" . "assum:")
                 ("thm" ."thr:")
                 ("prop" . "prop:")
                 ("lem"  "lem:")
                 ("defn"  "def:"))))

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'my-set-latex-labels)

Which turned out to be a stupid idea because, then, when inserting an
equation, automatic labelling was not longer active. So I gave you nice
solution a try

>>> Also write the corresponding AUCTeX style file ub-thmtools-envs.el and
>>> put it where AUCTeX can find it:
>>
>>> (TeX-add-style-hook
>>> "ub-thmtools-envs"
>>> (lambda ()
>>> (TeX-run-style-hooks "thmtools")
>>
>>> ;; Tell AUCTeX
>>> (let ((envs '(("cor" . "cor")
>>> ("lem" . "lem")
>>> ("prop" . "prop")
>>> ("thm" . "thm"))))
>>> (dolist (env envs)
>>> (LaTeX-add-thmtools-declaretheorems env)

> Sorry, the line above should read:

>           (LaTeX-add-thmtools-declaretheorems (car env))

Ok but still I cannot compile the file (which is always a bad sign, I
think because LaTeX-add-thmtools-declaretheorems is defined in
thmtools which is not provided.

,----
| In end of data:
| ub-thmtools.el:51:9: Warning: the function
|     ‘LaTeX-add-thmtools-declaretheorems’ is not known to be defined.
`----

Not sure whether it is wise to ignore that error.

Uwe

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.