Re: Syntax classes of text in href

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Syntax classes of text in href
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 15:49:42 +0100

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> Is it appropriate to treat the URL argument of \href as verbatim?
> According to hyperdoc document, only "#" and "~" are special there.

I think the problem is this[1]:

  \href[options]{URL}{text}

  The text is made a hyperlink to the URL; this must be a full URL
  (relative to the base URL, if that is defined).  The special
  characters # and % do _not_ need to be escaped in any way (...)

You can have things like '%20' in the URL which would then break
fontification if not treated verbatim.

> Maybe we should reconsider not to add "href" (and alikes as well?) to
> `LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local' in style/hyperref.el.

See above, or am I missing missing something?

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  From hyperref.pdf, section 6 Additional user macros.