Re: Syntax classes of text in href

From: Al Haji-Ali
Subject: Re: Syntax classes of text in href
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 13:10:41 +0000

On 11/01/2023, Arash Esbati wrote:

> Plonk this example in your .tex file and you'll see what's happening:
>
>   \href{pre\cmd{test}post}{foo}

Indeed, it's more broken that I thought.

>> I can remove `\href` from `LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces` and call
>> `font-latex-set-syntactic-keywords` to get the braces to match, but I
>> am wondering if there's a better solution.
> We can teach the code to accept one level of braces, but is there a real
> use-case for it?
Why only one level? Doesn't AUCTeX have code to balance braces somewhere?

I noticed the issue when defining links for my biblio like this

\newbibmacro{string+doi}[1]{%
    \iffieldundef{doi}{#1}{\href{http://dx.doi.org/\thefield{doi}}{#1}}}

Using `rainbow-delimiters-mode` meant that all subsequent braces are marked as
mismatched. This is really a bigger issue with that package, but nonetheless it
is caused by AUCTeX.

I also use show-paren-mode to visually (and through a key binding) to jump
between the closing/end braces, which doesn't work for href (even without
nested braces).

Best regards,
-- Al