Re: add filename to tag for catchfilebetweentags

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: add filename to tag for catchfilebetweentags
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 14:44:53 +0100

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Here is what I did (and it worked)
>
>  git pull
>  git checkout master (just in case)
>  I generated the patch again (you find it attached below)
>  I run whitespace-cleanup
>  I run
>
> git am --patch-format=hg ../catchfilebetweentags.patch
> Applying: Add filename as a prefix to the counter for catchfilebetweentags
>
> Git log now gives me

Yes, because the patch you've installed is different from what you sent
in this message:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/2022-12/msg00046.html

> * commit 8e42d3c5bf7cdf660b9d77b6da6ecf41af4e09f9 (master) (HEAD -> master)
> | Author: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
> |
> |     Add filename as a prefix to the counter for catchfilebetweentags
> |     * style/catchfilebetweentags.el:
> |       Add filename as a prefix to the counter for catchfilebetweentags
        ^

Note that you have an extra space there.

> I think I should now run
>
> git reset --hard 8e42d3c5bf7cdf660b
>
> Right?

I think so.  But be aware that "Any untracked files or directories in
the way of writing any tracked files are simply deleted."

You should use branches for this kind of things and then use

  git format-patch

Best, Arash