Re: macro maketitle inserts \maketitle{}

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: macro maketitle inserts \maketitle{}
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 23:05:39 +0900

Hi Uwe,

> Well, sparse is maybe not precise enough a word.

> I did not mean sparse in the sense of missing documentation, I meant
> sparse in the sense of a missing example

> I hope you don't shout at me or get a heart attack but if I read

I apology if you feel offended.

> | Each element is a cons cell, whose CAR is the macro name, and the
> | CDR is non-nil or nil, depending on whether a pair of braces
> | should be, respectively, appended or not to the macro.

> I think, gosh, I have to read the lisp manual because I don't remember
> by heart what is CAR and what is CDR, and I have some basic lisp
> knowledge and presume there are AucTeX users out there who know less
> than me ...

> So in short one simple example would be very helpful.

You can try
  (setq TeX-insert-braces-alist '(("maketitle" . nil)
                                  ("newpage" . nil)))
in your init file. However, I recommend to use customize interface as I
wrote in my previous message, which would be intuitive enough and easy
to handle IMHO.

Best regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine