Re: Environment optional argument defect

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Environment optional argument defect
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 15:48:10 +0900

Hi Arash,

> Ok, I see your point. My approach to this is a little different: I
> think the "lottery" you describe should be moved outside the
> minibuffer -- this was one of the main points for the in-buffer
> completion in AUCTeX. My way would be: Ok, I needed an optional
> argument but I missed it, so I complete the current query and do it in
> the buffer later with completion (if applicable) and don't start the
> whole query process. But that's only me.

That is actually one of posssible arroaches. In that sense, we can even
say that `TeX-insert-macro-default-style' is unnecessary. :-) That is,
`TeX-insert-macro' can always skip optional argument queries.

Anyway, it's a somewhat off-topic discussion about the flexibility of
using C-u as toggle switch for optional arguments query. Let's go back
to the original topic. How can we activate input support for environment
optional arguments if the user customizes
`TeX-insert-macro-default-style' to `mandatory-args-only'?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine