Re: Extending `TeX-arg-key-val' and `TeX-arg-completing-read-multiple'

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Extending `TeX-arg-key-val' and `TeX-arg-completing-read-multiple'
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 01:53:20 +0900

Hi Arash,

> I'd like to extend the functions mentioned above in order to have two
> functions which cover (almost?) all use cases in AUCTeX style files and
> delete local functions defined in the files.  The arguments list is
> long, but I expect only the first few to be used and the rest is for
> exotic cases.  The change looks like this:

[...]

> Am I missing something?  Any comments welcome.

It looks reasonable. In addition, I'd propose to add similar optional
arguments to `TeX-arg-string' to pass to `TeX-read-string' as well. It
would allow us to eliminate awkward usage of `TeX-arg-eval' for
\frametitle support in beamer.el. (Actually, beamer.el is my next target
;-) )

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine