scope environment in TikZ

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: scope environment in TikZ
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 16:08:28 +0900

Hi all,

The next thing I'd like to discuss is scope environment in TikZ.

The scope environment is practically always accompanied by an optional
argument by its nature:
\begin{tikzpicture}
  \begin{scope}[TikZ options...]
  \end{scope}
\end{tikzpicture}
In other words, its "optional" argument is virtually a kind of mandatory
argument.

So I'm thinking to apply the attached patch. It modifies the AUCTeX
behavior with respect to the scope environment to insert a bracket pair
"[]" even when the user gave empty answer for query of optional
argument. In addition, it moves the point inside in that empty "[]",
assuming that the user actually expects to fill in that bracket
immediately, possibly with the help of in-buffer completion facility.

I admit that it might be a bit too aggresive. What do you think about
this idea?

Best,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine