Re: TikZ support and ConTeXt environments

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: TikZ support and ConTeXt environments
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 00:23:31 +0900

Hi Arash,

> I would have expected that this entry:

>   ("environment" LaTeX-auto-environment LaTeX-add-environments
>    LaTeX-environment-list LaTeX-environment-changed)

> is due to this line in context.el:

>   (require 'latex) ; for functions like `TeX-look-at' and
> `LaTeX-split-long-menu'

> since latex.el has this line:

>   (TeX-auto-add-type "environment" "LaTeX")

> So my idea was to resolve the clash by not require'ing latex.el.  Or am
> I missing something?

The key clash isn't direct consequence of (require 'latex) in
context.el. Even without (require 'latex), it would occur when LaTeX
document and ConTeXt document are opened in the same emacs session. The
culprit is that
   (TeX-auto-add-type "environment" "LaTeX")
in latex.el and
   (TeX-auto-add-type "environment" "ConTeXt")
in context.el add entries with the same key "environment" in
`TeX-auto-parser'. Thus we need to fix `TeX-auto-add-type'.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine