Re: TikZ support and ConTeXt environments

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: TikZ support and ConTeXt environments
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 14:26:22 +0100

Hi Keita,

In your first message, you wrote:

> I figured out that `TeX-auto-add-type' is responsible for the failure of
> `ConTeXt-add-environments'. It adds entries in `TeX-auto-parser' in a
> form like
> ("environment" ConTeXt-auto-environment ConTeXt-add-environments
> ConTeXt-environment-list ConTeXt-environment-changed)
> , where "environment" is used as a key to extract each component from
> the entry. However, this entry conflicts with another entry
> ("environment" LaTeX-auto-environment LaTeX-add-environments
> LaTeX-environment-list LaTeX-environment-changed)
> , which shares the same "environment" as a key.

I would have expected that this entry:

  ("environment" LaTeX-auto-environment LaTeX-add-environments
   LaTeX-environment-list LaTeX-environment-changed)

is due to this line in context.el:

  (require 'latex) ; for functions like `TeX-look-at' and
`LaTeX-split-long-menu'

since latex.el has this line:

  (TeX-auto-add-type "environment" "LaTeX")

So my idea was to resolve the clash by not require'ing latex.el.  Or am
I missing something?

Best, Arash