Re: siunitx support

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: siunitx support
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 09:53:17 +0100

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

>> It explicitly says that one has to use v2:
>
>>     When the physics package is loaded before siunitx, the command \qty
>>     is not defined: users will need to use the version 2 command \SI.
>
>>     When the units package is loaded before siunitx, the command \unit
>>     is not defined: users will need to use the version 2 command \si.
>
> My interpretation of those sentences is that they say "use \SI and \si
> with siunitx.sty v3."

I went through the manual again and found this on page 50:

    In version 3, the document commands have been revised to be more
    descriptive.  As such, the commands \SI, \SIlist, \SIrange and \si
    remain available but are not recommended for use in new documents.  Use
    the new \qty... commands instead: they are clearer and in some cases
    very slightly faster.

This is quite clear to me: Deleting the macros in siunitx.el was bad :-(

Before I install the following change, can you please have a look at it
and see if I'm still missing something?

TIA.  Best, Arash