Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Character portraits

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Character portraits
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:59:31 -0600

I like Corin dunThalen quite a lot, Ingo. Thank you.

The only corrections I can offer, based on a physical description I haven't published yet, is that he wears a helmet with a crown resting on it. The circlet you have him wearing should easily be the crown. He wears this over his helmet or in its place. Of course, he's incorporeal most of the time, so the helmet might not even appear unless he is summoned in a very specific fashion.

I'm having trouble figuring the helmet out, though. In historical terms, it's somewhere between a bascinet and an English lobster pot, without the lobster pot's bill and face guard. I realize that an Elf's ears wouldn't fit inside a typical bascinet and that a modified lobster pot offers no protection for the face. I guess, then that it's a hybrid of the bascinet and the lobster pot with integral nose and cheek guards added.

 Thanks again

Andrew