[Adonthell-artwork] Character portraits

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-artwork] Character portraits
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:21:26 +0100

continuing the thread from
http://happypenguin.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4570 ...

After having seen some of the portraits Ingo has made for Vega Strike,
I took the opportunity to ask for his help with a few Dun Barethsol
characters. Since the character information on the Wiki
(http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Characters:Dun_Barethsol)
is a bit sparse with details concerning the character's look, I'll
start to post a number of notes for some of the more obvious ones.
Feel free to give me a hand! And beware of spoilers.

Marcella:

Not sure if it's a stretch, but I'd say she'll have to have hair the
color of copper. (the dictionary had "cupreous", but that sounded more
like an illness to me ;-)). Probably wears it short and a bit wild,
but still handsome. Maybe something like that:
http://lovkullen.net/Emma/witchgirl.htm, at least as far as the hair
is concerned.

Padrig and Merigan probably won't appear as characters to talk to, so
no portrait should be required for them.

Ella: she's age 60 or beyond, earnest and maybe a bit sad. Not sure if
she'd look more grandmotherly or if she'd have a bit of a
Elvish/Half-Elvish touch, considering her powers.

Not sure how obvious to make the next few ...

Risartus: A beard to hide a goat in.
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Portrait_-_Denmark_DTU_2007-3-31.jpg
Tinuv:
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Vinton_Cerf_in_Lisbon-20070325.jpg
Sulin: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Linus_Torvalds_talking.jpeg
Cirades: http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Esr.jpg

Guess if you'd use the photos as a rough guide and apply the same
degree of obfuscation as the names have, it should be fine :-).

So much for the first round. Maybe somebody more able than I can come
up with something for a couple of the other characters.

Kai