Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Cirrus' stuff

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Cirrus' stuff
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:05:23 +0100

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:37:25 +0000, James Nash <address@hidden> wrote:

I know I should be working on my thesis, but I can't help myself ...

> > http://endor.hsutx.edu/~cptlogic/adonthell/plotweb/grendal/images/dunbarethsol.jpg
> >
> > I know it wasn't meant to be Dun Barethsol, but to me, it reflects the
> > essence of the place - dark, airy, broken, complex. BTW, it also makes
> > me
> > think it might have been a concept sketch for a final fantasy setting.
>
> I don't know how appropriate this one is for Adonthell. It was meant to
> be a Bladerunner-esque sci-fi city. But I can borrow some of the ideas
> when I design Dun Barethsol.
> So far I had always thought of DB as one huge tower, but I think you're
> right - it would look more interesting if it was a complex of several
> interconnected buildings and towers (perhaps with one especially tall
> one that sticks out from the rest and is the main watch tower).
>
> What do the others think about this?

Actually, I too thought that it would have been more than just one
tower. The only thing I wonder is how much is actually left. It's
certainly more broken than the scene on the image.  But replace those
metal structures with plants that overgrew and now link the different
parts of towers and buildings and it will already look much more like
an old, elvish ruin.

Anyway, I like the idea, as it would make the place much more
interesting as a single tower.

Kai