Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Here I am! Sorry!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Here I am! Sorry!
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 22:14:18 +0200

> I'm very very very sorry for the time it took me!
> Though I do not mean to give excuses, I wanted to apologize.
> I have been accepted to a college in Canada for the Electronic Game Art &
> Design program (!), and things have been pretty crazy, as I prepare to move
> to Canada. In September/October thing will get especially hectic. I
> apologize in advance. *bows in apology many times*

Congrats! That sounds really cool for you. Don't forget to enroll people when
you're there, the program sounds interesting! ;)

> But, on the better side of news; here are some sketches for more of the
> characters. Please don't think I've deserted the project!
> I must apologize again for the long time it took me. *bow* *bow*

Don't worry. We've all done much worse than that! :p

> Now for the drawings!

I especially like the apothocary. Ynar also has charisma as a character, I
think. As Kai said, Talan is recognizeable, although his hairs aren't the
same. That's a good thing to me. In sequels, when you meet characters that
were in the previous game, you usually like it when they are a bit different
(well, I do). I remember the enjoyment of discovering what was Stan's new job
in Monkey Island 2! :)

Andare looks fine to me as well. Doesn't look too much Anime. But you pointed
a relevant point: the characters should not look too like Anime characters.
Not that I have anything against Anime, but it will probably make it harder
for you gfx people to draw with about the same style.

So all in all, it looks cool to me. We can start putting faces on the
characters, and that's very cool. Continue this way and it's the coders that
will have to catch up the gfx people! (but can this seriously happen? ;)) No,
seriously, maybe soon we could start some production gfxs. I'm really looking
forward for seeing Marcella moving! (or for the colorized
Frostbloom-near-the-tree!)

Speaking of this, are the design guidelines finished and available? They are
on since... a long time. :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org