Re: [Adonthell-artwork] NG can walk! (in every direction)

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] NG can walk! (in every direction)
Date: 01 May 2002 21:05:41 +0200

> <On a private note: After a long struggle (and a long wait) i finally got my
> PC working!!!>

Congrats! :)

> Ahem. I got the base animations for naked guy done. That is, I finished
> east_mov, which was a good amount of work, since the east- and westwalks are
> harder to do. Luckily, you can just mirror the east_frames on this one to get
> west_mov.
>
> So together with north_mov and south_mov (haven't changed anything there -
> yet) you should now be able to get a complete walk animation going for every
> direction.
>
> As said before, this is nothing more than a first test, both to get some
> practise and to gather experience. Also, you now have something project-own
> to test the new mapengine with, Alex! :)
>
> I'll concentrate on the running frames now. Don't expect anything too soon,
> as i need to make some research first. I'll also search the net more for
> stuff that might help - and get round to looking at those gfx-community sites
> you suggested.
>
> Oh, and let me know what you think of the anim, of course!

At first sight, it looks very good to me. Will complete NG on the
weekend (probably not before, unfortunately) Just thinking about
something: would you like a program to loads every PNM frame you give
it, make a character, and allows you to move this character on a sample
map? That way, and now that the Windows port is working, you would be
able to test your frames - can you imagine, you'll finally stop to work
blindly! :) You'd have to provide your frames as PNMs however. Which is
best, as GIF is limited to 256 colors, so maybe they lost a bit of their
quality during the conversion.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org