Re: [Adonthell-artwork] first real map gfx

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] first real map gfx
Date: 14 Mar 2002 21:32:47 +0100

> I've been tinkering around with GIMP today and I have made a grass
> texture and an animated river. I've put together a little animated
> fakeshot (well, actually it's html and a few gifs :) ) to show you. I'm
> surprised by how much more detail we can do with the new res. It's on
> the ftp in mapdemo.tgz - enjoy!

Ah, yeaaah! It's THAT good! :))

I'm really amazed, especially by the river - the water movment is
incredibly realistic. And the fake translucency looks real! Outstanding
work, once again! :)

Maybe we could allow characters to walk into the river (provided it's
not too deep for them). In this case, they would be knee-deep in the
water, and the water surrounding the stones effect would also apply to
them. Don't dream too much though - I have to think about a way to do it
properly. But maybe once map objects have Python scripting capabilities,
it will be possible. That is, not tomorrow! :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org