Re: [Adonthell-artwork] first real map gfx

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] first real map gfx
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:33:19 +0100

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:45:17 +0000 cirrus wrote:

> I've been tinkering around with GIMP today and I have made a grass
> texture and an animated river. I've put together a little animated
> fakeshot (well, actually it's html and a few gifs :) ) to show you.
> I'm surprised by how much more detail we can do with the new res. It's
> on the ftp in mapdemo.tgz - enjoy!

That's a wonderful grass tile :). And a beautiful water animation as
well. I just think we shouldn't leave it at that. Wouldn't it be way
cooler if the water was translucent and you could see the riverbed
shimmering through? (No pollution on Adonthell, yet!) That would mean
another layer below the water, but with the new mapengine that's no
longer a problem.

Then it would be truly perfect! :)

Kai