Re: [Adonthell-artwork] gfx documentation

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] gfx documentation
Date: 12 Mar 2002 20:53:51 +0100

> Two thoughts:
> -Is it that sensible to use a code documentation system for a subject
> (mapgrafix) that doesn't involve any code?

Sensible! :) The advantage I'd see with Doxygen is that it can generate
in both HTML and LaTeX format. But on the other hand, a latex2html is
quickly done, and gives excellent results.

> -the second point is a more private one: Although there's also a version for
> Window~, I haven't figured out how to work it there, since it's command line
> based...
> (I'd be happy to use LaTex!)
>
> Your thoughts?

I have nothing against LaTeX, on the contrary. So unless Kai has
something in mind I missed, feel free to use whatever you want - as long
as you don't write them with MS-Word ;)

On a more personnal note, mastering LaTeX would be greatly appreciated
by your IT teachers if you write your various reports with it,
especially since it's your first year studying IT. You can't imagine how
many guys at my univ (who are studying IT since 4 years now!) write
their reports with Word. At best, they get scolded - but these are the
details which makes you a good or bad student in your teacher's mind. :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org