Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Image format and custom coloring

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Image format and custom coloring
Date: 05 Mar 2002 10:19:57 +0100

> Seems that topic is settled already :). If it could be done like that, it
> would be a cool feature. Perhaps it could be extended to allow multiple
> masks. Some for different parts of the clothing, one for hair, one for skin
> color. Or was something like that planned already?

Actually, that's what I was trying to explain with my poor 3 words of
English... ;)

> That's the only point where I'll have to disagree. I think the NPC portraits
> where a nice touch, and I rather imagine that they will be a little more
> detailed too in v0.4 :). As the colors of NPC's would be set by us, we can
> easily match portrait and character gfx.

I was sure you would disagree :p Using portraits would limit for example
the ability to change the color of skins - as in portraits skins colours
are much more detailed and simply can't be coded with 255 near colors.
About hairs and clothes, that shouldn't be a problem anyway, so globally
I'm not against keeping the portraits.

> And in case players need portraits too, they should be allowed to select one
> they like, or even import their own. But I assume portraits are mainly for
> NPC's.

Right.

Alex.
--