ada-mode-users

Re: Selecting a project from the command line

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Selecting a project from the command line
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:05:06 -0800

Manuel Gómez <mgrojo@gmail.com> writes:

> El 27/10/22 a las 11:28, Stephen Leake escribió:
>> Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:

>>> Ok. That menu entry runs ada-build-prompt-select-prj-file, in file
>>> ada-build.el.
>>>
>>> If that function took a file name argument, you could just call it; I'll
>>> add that for the next release.
>> This will be in the upcoming ada-mode 8.0 release.
>>

> Thanks. Now, I am able to set it in this way:
>
> alr config --set --global editor.cmd 'emacs
> --eval=(ada-build-prompt-select-prj-file"${GPR_FILE}") ${GPR_FILE}'

I'm glad that works; thanks for the feedback.

> Note that there is no space between the function and the string
> argument. Otherwise, Alire splits the argument and Emacs is not able
> to evaluate it correctly. Don't know if that could be considered a bug
> in Alire or not, but I couldn't find a proper way to escape the space.

The space problem sounds like a bug, but it could be in your shell
rather than in Alire. It's simpler just to edit the alire config file
directly; it's ~/.config/alire/config.toml

You can also tell ada-mode to use an alire environment from within
Emacs. For example, here is the elisp code to do that for the
ada_language_server source:

------ prj.el ------
;; Emacs wisi project definitions for navigating ada_language_server -*-
no-byte-compile: t; -*-
(require 'gnat-alire)

(wisi-prj-select-cache
 "alire.toml"
 (create-alire-project
  :name "als 23.1 patch"
  :gpr-file (expand-file-name "gnat/lsp_server.gpr")
  :xref-label ada-xref-backend
  )
 "alire.toml"
 )