ada-mode-users

Re: Selecting a project from the command line

From: Manuel Gómez
Subject: Re: Selecting a project from the command line
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 19:15:31 +0100

El 27/10/22 a las 11:28, Stephen Leake escribió:
Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:

Manuel Gómez <mgrojo@gmail.com> writes:

Am 1/9/21 um 22:59 schrieb Stephen Leake:
I'm a bit lost, probably because I didn't express my intention right.
That snippet runs without errors but I still don't get the full setup:
C-c C-c asks for the make command.  What I would like to get is the
same setup as when I choose "Ada | Project Files | Find and select
Project ...".

Ok. That menu entry runs ada-build-prompt-select-prj-file, in file
ada-build.el.

If that function took a file name argument, you could just call it; I'll
add that for the next release.

This will be in the upcoming ada-mode 8.0 release.

Thanks. Now, I am able to set it in this way:

alr config --set --global editor.cmd 'emacs --eval=(ada-build-prompt-select-prj-file"${GPR_FILE}") ${GPR_FILE}'

Note that there is no space between the function and the string argument. Otherwise, Alire splits the argument and Emacs is not able to evaluate it correctly. Don't know if that could be considered a bug in Alire or not, but I couldn't find a proper way to escape the space.