ada-mode-users

C-c C-s not always returning to the expected location

From: Manuel Gómez
Subject: C-c C-s not always returning to the expected location
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 00:44:32 +0200

Hello,

I'm still having some difficulties after upgrading to 7.1.

For example, returning to the previous location (C-c C-s) after a navigation to the declaration of an entity (C-c C-d) seems a bit chaotic, or I don't get the behaviour, compared to v4.00. Sometimes, after a C-c C-d going to an entity in the same file, an immediate C-c C-s goes to an unexpected place, instead of the location where C-c C-d was invoked. The only pattern that I have discover is that after that "erroneous" C-c C-s, a subsequent C-u C-SPC goes back to the correct place, so it's like there is some spurious mark in the stack.

Best regards,
Manuel