xouvert-general

Re: [xougen] Presentation, and i845GL

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Re: [xougen] Presentation, and i845GL
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:03:32 -0700

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 05:11:05PM +0200, Fernando ?lvarez-Ur?a wrote:
Is, or will be, the Intel 850gl graphic chipset supported (i mean support of graphic acceleration) by xouvert? Actually it is supported by XFree86 4.3, but with some limitations, like the dual-head support, which is completly missing.

Since Xouvert is using XFree86 4.3 as it's base, we will have the same
support as it to start off with.

There are also drivers provided by intel, which has a restrictive license. Will xouvert ship, if possible, propietary and/or restrictive drivers whith its package, if possible?

We plan to set up a clear procedure so that it will be easy to package
proprietary drivers separately, and easy to install them for usage by
Xouvert, in pretty much the same way that the Linux kernel modules
system is done.

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2