xouvert-general

Re: [xougen] ANNOUNCEMENT: MAS sound extension to be included in Xouvert

From: Tupshin Harper
Subject: Re: [xougen] ANNOUNCEMENT: MAS sound extension to be included in Xouvert
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:57:25 -0700

Jonathan Walther wrote:

nakee on IRC gave me the information I had asked for on the mailing
list; apparently MAS is an X extension, and not a standalone server in
its own right.  X has needed sound support for too long; MAS is
definately going in; its license is perfectly compatible.

Thank you X.org for sponsoring the work on MAS!

Jonathan

That's excellent. I have some outstanding questions regarding issues that MAS may or may no address, but I will raise those on the MAS list.

-Tupshin