xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] Compilation under Solaris 10 - linking problem

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] Compilation under Solaris 10 - linking problem
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:20:08 +0200

Atanas Atanasov Bombov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Is there no xnee binary available for Solaris?

Don't know

> Nothing on sunfreeware.com and
> blastwave.com , nor google found any references to a solaris binary ...
>
> Here's the result of what you adviced me:
>
> On Saturday 16 May 2009 10:17:04 you wrote:
>> The tests fail. Not good but can be ignored. To work around it, try doing:
>>

>>   cd libxnee ; make   # this will fail again
>>   make install        # Hopefully works
>>
> No, fails again with the same output:
> ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections

ok

Will perhaps add a "disable test" flag to the configure script.

>>   cd ..
>>   cd cnee
>>   make
>>   make install
> Success!!! This may suffice, I only need comman line :)

Ahhhhh, then

Check the configure flags

  --enable-gui       build the GUI frontend to Xnee
  --enable-gnome-applet   build the Gnome Panel frontend to Xnee
  --enable-doc       (re)build Xnee documentation

so, this will solve it (I hope)

  ./configure --disable-gui --disable-gnome-applet --disable-doc

... but this is perhaps irrelevent, since it worked out.

 /h