xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] cnee does not work when using standard input instead o

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] cnee does not work when using standard input instead of real file ?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:39:05 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, January 30, 2006 4:27 pm, Veijo Ryhänen said:
> Hello,
>
> (First of all, I am very sorry that I haven't find time to answer those
> numerous questions which
> raise up after my previous email postings to this list, because I have
> been
> so busy
> when building my xnee -scripts. Hopefully I will answer to them later.)

I have a hard time keeping up as well.

> I am not sure that is this bug or not. Any way, I would like to use cnee
> with standard input
> but I don't know how shoul I do that ?

1) I don't think this works for a command like echo either. I don't think
it is anything wrong with Xnee in this case.

2) You'd be better off with the script functions instead:
   Read the NEWS for 2.03:
   http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=4210

3) Or you, could do like this:
   printf "0,6,71,59,0,0,0,533851943\n0,6,66,57,0,0,0,533852527\n" | cnee
--replay

> #!/bin/bash
> testHereDocumentStructure()
> {
> echo "testHereDocumentStructure() function call"
> cat -<<EOF_cat
> 0,6,71,59,0,0,0,533851943
> 0,6,66,57,0,0,0,533852527
> EOF_cat
> }

You waste a lot of resources if you start xnee every time you want a
simple thing to be done. Use the script functions :)