xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] Switching screen resolution moves my program window and

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] Switching screen resolution moves my program window and xnee cannot follow it.
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:18:46 +0100

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 13:36 +0200, Veijo Ryhänen wrote:
> Hello,

ok

> Should I throw away my old xnee -tests and start to record new
> tests with 1280x1024 resolution ?

That is not something we shall decide for you.

> Other developers seems to prefer
> 1280x1024 resolution and it is not good if they have to change
> their screen resolution if they would like to run tests which I have
> recorded.

I would instead go for using Xephyr or Xnest and start them with your
preferred resolution and launch your apps and Xnee in the Xephyr/Xnest
"window". This time it would be great if you answer and give us feedback
on this proposed solution (e.g did it work?).

Btw, we really would like you to answer and give feedback to the
questions and comments in the emails sent to you Jan 06. When you ask
for help (especially when say you found a serious bug) it would be great
if you could answers our questions that aims to help you.