Re: [Xlog-discussion] date format

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] date format
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 15:28:34 -0400

On 07/20/2013 11:47 AM, HA5OGL wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:13:20 +0000
John <address@hidden> wrote:

My workaround, derived from an OpenOffice search, was to use
Find/Replace to change every " Jul " to ".7." (for example), then
change my Language Setting to German! LibreOffice then recognized
"19.7.2013" as a date, and I was able to change the cells' format to
"2013-07-19"... then revert back to English!

Come on... Is it you who should work, or the computers?

I'm too old to do that. Insted, I wrote up some code that does logging for
me. :-)

Levene
HA5 OGL

Hi Levene,

I'm trying to understand the usage model. I'm not understanding why somebody would export the log into a spreadsheet, when the logging software can more expertly manipulate the data. Can you describe a case where this is useful?

If the locale is set correctly for Germany, I expect xlog to replace "Jul" with the German word for the month of July. If that isn't happening, that's a bug I should probably fix. Is this a problem?

Thanks, and 73,

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)