Re: [Xlog-discussion] New Xlog documentation in progress

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] New Xlog documentation in progress
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:14:15 -0500

On 01/09/2013 01:48 PM, Chris Story wrote:
Hey all,

I am re-doing the documentation for Xlog in Doxygen while adding new
information..   I tend to include information about WHY something is,
so that the manual becomes a method for people to become experts on
software, no a task list to enable features.  Also i like to add in
appendix that contain information that would be useful to the user
during operation.

http://www.radionerds.com/xlog/index.html

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

I need some help with some of the features, im not quite sure what
they are for.

I have examined the source code for some, but id like to understand
more about WHY its there..

I'm going to add some links that may help, if not repost the ones you still need help with

1) Keyer Window F1-F12 - obvious

CQTU??  S&PTU??  what is it for?? how is this sent?

 file:///usr/local/share/doc/xlog/manual/node22.html

 file:///usr/local/share/doc/xlog/manual/node23.html

I imagine the above are hard coded somewhere in the source.

  What is the
"count" for?

Serial number generator....such as

001 then after the qso is logged the counter will increase to 002 for the next qso.... and so on.

the checkbox for "9=n, 0=t"

CW "cut numbers" the macro will send "(N instead of 9"), the same with the the ("T for 0") cuts down on the number of characters needed to be sent. Numbers are 5 characters long, the "n" is 2 and the "t" is just one. Speeds up the qso.

2) Xlog - Dialog and windows, export TAB  Sort by DXCC - What sort is
this? country callsign order?

Yes

  Group by callsign, whats the Value
entry "1" for?

What qso number to start with

3) Preferences, Info Tab

Initial exchange to use for "~"  . . . .  anyone have examples of
this?  Ideas about what its for ?

file:///usr/local/share/doc/xlog/manual/node21.html

This is a contest specific value for a macro. No idea what it is for, and I've been in many contests and have never come across the need for such an animal.

4) Prosigns and abbreviations  any wrong, miss any?

any other comments are welcome..

chris story K6RWJ

I hope this is of some value

Ed W3NR