Re: [Xlog-discussion] Using Xlog when transceiver is off

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Using Xlog when transceiver is off
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:52:02 -0500

On 12/15/2012 10:01 AM, John B. Egger wrote:
I'm using 2.0.3 here so perhaps this is no longer pertinent. Xlog set to
use Hamlib to pull frequency, etc. from the transceiver. But sometimes
I'd like to look at Xlog with the transceiver is off, or be able to
enter QSOs when I use a backup transceiver with no port. Can't do it ---
Xlog just gives a blank gray screen, and an error box when I try to
close it. (Same behavior if the rig is mistakenly shut off before
exiting Xlog.)

Is anyone else interested in being able to see and use Xlog, even if
it's set to use Hamlib but the rig is not on? Perhaps I'm the only user
with this issue.

Try upgrading first. Hard to debug a version as old as 2.03

Ed W3NR