[Xlog-discussion] Patch: use unicode checkmarks for confirmed contacts i

From: Chris Ruvolo KC2SYK
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Patch: use unicode checkmarks for confirmed contacts in scoring
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 01:05:18 -0400

Hello,all.  Thank you for xlog, I use it daily.

One thing that I found difficult to interpret is that the number "0"
would appear in the scoring windows for a confirmed contact.  It
seemed hard to pick out the confirmed contacts among the numbers
appearing for the unconfirmed contacts.  So, I changed the constant in
use from a "0" to a "✓", a unicode checkmark.  This seems to work for
me and is visually more distinct.

Please find attached a patch against 2.0.3 that will change to the
unicode checkmark.  I have not tried this with non-unicode locales or
fonts, so YMMV.  Instead of accepting this patch directly, perhaps
this should be a configuration option.  Either way, I hope this is
helpful.

Thanks again and 73.
-Chris KC2SYK