[Xlog-discussion] xlog-2.0.5 released

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-2.0.5 released
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:02:03 +0100

Hi people,

I have squashed most of the bugs which where reported on the savannah project page. This release also adds patches from Gentoo and Ubuntu. Download from http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/xlog (you may need to wait for your mirror to catch up).

Here is a the full changelog:

- Changes for xlog version 2.0.5 - 2011/02/23
  * Swedish translations updated by Peter, SM4ABE
  * 2 patches from the Gentoo repository:
    ADIF field should be named TX_PWR instead of TX_POWER.
    Xlog now exports the QSLIN and QSLOUT fields.
    Thanks to Tom DL1JBE.
  * When printing the log, the last QSO would not print. This has been
    fixed. Reported by Bruce, WB0GAG (fixes bug #29941).
  * Make sure the '~' macro for the keyer does not crash xlog when there is
    no log open.
  * Fix a crash when hitting enter in the RX(RST) field when the keyer is
    active, see Ubuntu bug #608718. Also, the QSO is now added to the log
    correctly (fixes bug #27888).
  * Update some GTK Calls with newer calls which have become
    deprecated since version 2.20. Patch by Charles AA1VS, thanks!
    Done the same for GTK version 2.22. This means you need at least version
    2.18 of GTK+ to compile xlog.
  * Fixed ADIF file corruption when a non-ham frequency is filled in.
    Reported by Pierfrancesco, IK5PVX (fixes bug #29122).
  * Done some work on type and find. Xlog would look up a callsign with every
    key pressed. This has a disadvantage as Graeme, ZL2APV, has pointed out.
    Suppose we log AH6V which is already in our logs, xlog will fill in name
    and QTH. But if we want to log AH6VA, the same name and QTH will appear,
    xlog will stop after the 'V'. The new behaviour is much better. Lookup
    will be activated when the callsign field loses focus, so after using
    the <TAB> key or clicking the mouse somewhere else (fixes bug #27477).
  * When there is no log open and another application wants to send data to
    xlog, the warning dialog with "No log open while receiving remote data"
    will be displayed only once, so we don't block the gui (fixes bug #31635).
  * Changing the name of the free fields in the log now updates the column
    names in all the logs which are opened (fixes bug #27251).
  * To speed up logging, typing <ENTER> in the callsign field will jump to the
    TX(RST) field. Suggested by Graeme, ZL2APV.
  * cty.dat updated to version 20110121.

Regards,
Joop PG4I